Addendum for: About "Triple A" Games and other churnt out stuff

My folks,

I felt the need to update last year's article about "Triple A" Games and other churnt out stuff. The article is still relevant with the viewers, at least 10% of them. That's why I wanted to adress the problem further and see what has changed within the world of capitalistic moneyshark gamemaking. You can read the update in the original article, but I'll post it here too, for the sake of it's coverage:





UPDATE 24.08.2014

Strangely, this Blogpost is still getting many views from around the world. Given the fact that not a single person commented on it, but well... That may just be the blogging-system, or my mediocre english-skills. I would really like to know what people think when they read this?
Anyways, my stance hasn't changed much since 21.04.2013, if anything, it has been worsened. The whole world of gaming has changed over the years, which is a normal process and something that I can understand. But forme, 2014 marks the year of > gaming capitalization ad absurdum <. The quality-border that had prevented shitgames from becoming #1 has, thanks to the stultification of the average internet user. It's just like homeopathics work - if you dilute the essence with enough filler-material, the amount of essence left will be so small that it won't make a difference anymore.

Where did you come from, Average Joe?
If you've got enough soccer moms and average hipsters playing your dumb games then it doesn't even matter if you can trick the "core-gamers" into player your clash of bullshit. This is something that's especially true for Android. Maybe I have just been naive for believing that someday we could get quality gaming on the world'smost prominent mobile operating system. I just don't know what to believe in anymore and if, in this fast-paced world, being born '92 means you're already too old for the game.

I simply can't believe that someone else than a villainous specimen can truly be fullfilled by making a living with cheap brainwashing apps that manifest a user-app relationship on the psychological level to lure you into in-app-purchases and ad-sheeping.


Instead of making games for the community. As a part of the community. Don't get me wrong, I do want people to get paid for making games and I do want those devs to be able to live from it. No matter what you do, if you have a talent for it and would dedicate your life to that single cause than you should be able to earn enough money in that field to provide for yourself and your family to eat and not live in a whole in las vegas or elsewhere. At least in the "civilized" world. But with every year that I get older, the world's curtain that's showing me a happy and peaceful world gets lifted higher until I see it clear eventually. That's the point where I ask myself how people who are smart enough to program videogames still do it in their late 30's and 40's, hell even when they're already 50 or 60 years old. For many it is just a job, but it's a great part of their life as well. So why it is that half them only produces shit? I know, I know. The boss. Personal problems. etc. etc. But all I see is bandwagons, brainwashing and exploitation.

The digital Goldrush

The App-stores need the devs, the devs need the App-stores. But there are so many developers for mobile games out there it's crazy. That's why the stores treat their devs so shitty - They simply don't care if the small fish leave or not. They make a steady 30 percentage of every single penny that's rolling towards an App on their OS and nice, juicy shares from the ads. They have no need to worry, because even if a small percentage of the geeks were to drop smartphones because they didn't feel like they belonged to the target audience anymore, nobody would give a flying shit.

Keine Kommentare

Powered by Blogger.